project evaluation

Project Evaluation

Over the process of doing this project, I have experimented using different techniques to create work inspired by other photographer that solves a problem based in time. I think the things that went well with this project are the time lapses' which were created using photoshop and show ice melting over the period of time. I also think I improved on using this technique and took it further to use it as a final outcome. I think another experiment that went well was the Harold Edgerton experiment, this was something I enjoyed doing and I would have like to take some more time to experiment further with. However, it was a lengthy process in setting up and achieving good results from this. It is a trial and error and luck to capture a good outcome from this. I think I could have experimented more using the stop motion narrative process, by taking more photos to extend the story as I feel it is quite short.

I learn from my final outcome of the ice melting how difficult it is to keep the conditions the exact same throughout taking photos during the ice melting. Although, everything seemed to be the same to me when uploading the photos there was small changes with the light.
I also learnt how you can create a photo using a old drinks can and some photographic paper. I learnt that being patient can be difficult as you just want to see it by it can pay off in the end to create a photo and leaving it out in the light for too long of a time before photographic it can make it fade.

Comments