pinhole lumen

The instruction Brief we used to make our pinhole camera.






The positioning for my camera (facing south)















The view the camera should record of the path the sun takes over the three month.














This is the outcome from my lumen experiment I took it down on the 21st of March which is around 3 months after putting it up. I think it was very successful the can didn't move during this time which means a clear representation of the suns movement of this time. The white lines are the light trails proved by the sun, it shows the sun got higher in the sky over the 3 month. The gaps which mainly begin towards the end of the time are cloud, You can see this on the last day, there was periods of sun and then cloud which stopped the trail. The original image was the opposite and I had to photograph the analogue image to make it digital so that I  could edit it in Lightroom and photoshop to invert the colours and increase the contrast of the image. In this image you can see the fields and the tree line in the distance, I chose an open space so that the light trails of the sun were very clear. From doing this I learnt how long it can take to capture a successful image and that patients can pay off. Taking this down before the time was done would only have developed a poor outcome. I also leant how important it was that the can didn't move as the movement of the can would create two sets of tracks. I think maybe we could do it up again for another 6 months from 21st of June to the 21st of December to capture 6 months worth of tracks. I don't really like how the edges of the paper is lighter compared to the middle this is due to the fogging of the paper from the light while we were trying to photograph it.

Comments

  1. Very clear how you did this with photos of the set up. Your care and attention to detail made the outcome very successful, hence your prints are displayed in the entrance to the art block!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment