movement dance experiment

 This is the contact sheet of the image I took using movement and the dance studio students. 


Here is a sequence I put together using my movement photos. They are inspired by Eadweard Muybridge's sequences of the horse galloping. With these photos I experimented with different shutter speeds such as, 1/40 to blur the motion an example of this is the second photo. I also experimented with fast shutter speeds to freeze the motion such as, 1/125 an example of this is the first photo. I thought these photos worked well together and I experimented to create work that resembles the work of Eadweard Muybridge. I think if I was going to experiment more with this technique I would use more images and maybe capture them continuously so that they work better together like Eadweard Muybridge's horse galloping. I enjoyed this technique as it captured the dance  students practising, they didn't notice or were they bothered that we were there.I learnt that it was also very easy as they were very active and changed dance positions every few seconds. Which gave us enough time to capture another photo. 

Comments